Monday 20 January 2014

I just poured cereal and milk into my mouth because I couldn't find a bowl.

That did just happen and I'm still not sure how I feel about it. Is that something other people do?

Quick(ish) update: I'm still on Dexter and watched 11 episodes yesterday, I'm not even sorry because this show is so great and educational. As someone who owns seasons 1-7 on DVD and has watched season 8 and half of season 9 of criminal minds I think I'm qualified to be on any homicide task force and/or judge any serial killer themed TV series. I did however just misspell homicide.

That whole milk and cereal in the mouth thing is just a symbol of how lazy I am all the time. I really don't see it as that much of a bad thing though because I do get things done eventually. I would have spent more time washing and drying a bowl before using it than it took to eat that mouthful of cereal and I'm definitely going to do the dishes before my Mum get's home at half five. This way everybody wins, the dishes will be washed and I have been fed immediately.
 
Someone at college told me that  my life should be a sitcom and at the time I couldn't have agreed more but now that I think about it I'm a lot less sure. I love being at home alone and doing almost nothing, reading or listening to music or watching Disney movies is really fun for me but I don't think anyone else would be all that interested in watching me cry while watching Dumbo for the 100th time.
 
 I don't really care if people think I'm boring and I think less people should care about that. I listen to people every Tuesday morning (I don't have college on Mondays) exaggerating their weekend antics and talking about how drunk they were or what they did and I lose the will to live a little more each time. I have no interest in being cool or making people think I'm more interesting than I am because they're going to find out sooner or later that It's a big old lie.
 
By the way, why is this song so catchy?
 
 
 
Nothing to do with what I'm talking about but I like listen to music while I type and this song is all that everyone should be listening to right now. I got all serious for a second there but that's okay, we're all friends here, me myself and I. So, when I go into college on Tuesday if anyone asks I'll tell them that I stayed in my pajamas for almost the entire weekend and watched Dexter, the Eastenders omnibus that I had recorded and the Screen Actors Guild Awards, Live from the red carpet. I also made a curry so amazingly delicious that I had to make it the next night too and I'm probably going to heat up the leftovers later on and eat them. Oh, in the brief period of being dressed I went to the garden centre with my gran, she's hilarious. That is how not interested I am in appearing cool.
 
I am so sad that people feel bad about not going out or having loads of friends that take them out every weekend. Being by yourself probably makes you a more interesting person anyway, take more time to think about who you'd like to be rather than who you want other people to see you as.
 
I was 15 when I was accepted into college and I was so scared that because everyone was older than me that I would be so boring compared to everyone else, I couldn't go out with everyone else or relate to loads of the things that people were talking about. I'm 18 now and I still don't go out a lot and I definitely don't think that getting trollied every weekend makes people more interesting, I like to think that people in my class like me, that people outside of my class like me and think I'm interesting enough to stick around with. Don't get me wrong though, I do know a lot of people that go out on the weekends and are also really interesting and funny and as dorky as I am. I'm not saying I hate people with social lives, I just hate the idea that people who don't go out could be considered less amazing and fun to be around than people that do.
 
Some people probably think I'm really dull but I'm not bored, I'm interested in what goes on inside my own head and don't mind being by myself which probably makes me sound all serial killery. I'm not, I would know. I like to read a lot and listen to music all day and just think about things. I don't think people take enough time to just be by themselves and think about things. It's great to have an imagination and have thoughts that keep you interested. One of my academy teachers told me that he had never been bored in his entire life and I can't say the same for myself but I do think that not being bored for a long period of time is something I'd like to aim for. Anytime I feel it creeping up on me I'm going to put an end to it ASAP, I'm trying to learn to play piano so it's been my go to boredom stopper for the past couple of weeks. Being infuriated because your fingers can't reach far enough is better than the alternative.
 
This is so not where I say this post going when I started talking about mouth bowl.
 
The only time I try  to make myself a little more busy looking is when I'm asked to parties or nights out with people I might not know all of. There is a difference between not caring about looking cool and being scared of offending people. It doesn't look good if you're asked to a party and you tell people that you just don't want to go. This is when you employ some carefully chosen excuses that I already touched on in some other post.
 
Just another glimpse into my exciting life. You're welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment